We are looking for a highly organised, enthusiastic, and flexible intern to join our team in London.
This is a primarily administrative support role. It will involve helping with office administration, such as dealing with telephone enquiries, diary management and document and contacts management. The successful candidate will also be expected to assist with research.
The successful candidate will have very good written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to take the initiative, multitask and work independently and as part of a team. Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Office administration: updating diaries, booking meetings, arranging travel and assisting with event management.
- Dealing with telephone and e-mail enquiries.
- Supporting the maintenance of BNE’s website an internet presence (twitter, facebook, flickr, etc.)
- Sending out correspondence and press releases.
- Helping to manage contacts databases.
- Assisting with research, policy papers and blogging.
- Assisting in any other activities as required.
The successful candidate should be positive, willing to go the extra mile and have a hands-on approach. An interest in European Union politics and sympathy with BNE’s principles and aims would be beneficial. Please note that we may contact candidates before the closing date and only successful candidates will be contacted.
- The successful candidate will be paid in line with the London living wage for a period of up to six months.
- Application is by way of CV and a one-page cover letter (both in a single MS Word or PDF document) by way of email to BNE Head of Media & Public Affairs, Lucy Thomas at email@example.com
- The application should be sent with ‘BNE Intern Application’ written in the subject line of the email.
- Applications close on Monday 28th January at 5pm and interviews will take place from Tuesday 29th January.
- The candidate must be available to start w/c 4 February 2013.