BNE Job: Researcher
Business for New Europe is looking for a highly organised, motivated, and flexible person to join our team.
This is a hybrid role involving office administration, supporting the BNE team and research. Administration will involve day-to-day admin and office-management, such as dealing with telephone enquiries, diary management and document and contacts management. Research, working under the guidance of the Director and Head of Media and Public Affairs, will involve policy analysis of European and business issues.
The role will suit someone with strong graduate qualifications in European policy studies, international politics and/or economics. The successful candidate will possess very good written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to take the initiative, multitask and work independently and as part of a team. You would be expected to get involved in a wide range of projects, and assist with office administration for BNE. Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
• General support and office management: diaries, booking meetings, arranging travel and assisting with event management.
• Dealing with telephone and e-mail enquiries.
• Supporting the maintenance of BNE’s website an internet presence (twitter, facebook, etc.)
• Sending out letters, correspondence and press releases.
• Assisting with the maintenance of the BNE contacts database.
• Assisting with research, writing policy papers, position papers, analysis and blogging.
• Assisting in any other activities as required.
The successful candidate should be positive, willing to go the extra mile and have a hands-on approach. An interest in European Union politics and sympathy with BNE’s principles and aims would be beneficial. Salary £20,000. Pension, Health and travel insurance provided.
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com with BNE RESEARCHER POSITION in the subject line.
Applications close at 6pm on 21 December 2012. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Those wishing to discuss the role further should call 0207 374 6792.