BNE Vacancy – Brussels Trainee
Business for New Europe was founded in 2006 and is a pro-European, business oriented think-tank and advocacy organisation. We are backed by our advisory council, which is a coalition of leading UK business figures. We are committed to highlighting the benefits of the UK’s EU membership, particularly amongst the business community. With offices in both London and Brussels, we produce research, lobby the UK government and the EU institutions, hold numerous high level events and are active in the media. BNE also provides the secretariat roles for the British Brussels Network (BBN) and the All Party Parliamentary Group on the European Union (APPG EU) in Westminster.
BNE is looking for a trainee to join our Brussels office from November for a period of six months. The position will also include 50% of time spent as a researcher in a leading public affairs agency. This would be an ideal opportunity for an individual who has recently finished his/her undergraduate degree. As the majority of our team is based in London, this role requires a highly organised and proactive individual.
- Assist in the organisation of BNE and BBN events.
- Write entries for the BNE and BBN blogs.
- Update and maintain BNE and BBN Contact Databases.
- Maintain the BNE and BBN websites.
- Provide daily press summaries relating to the UK’s relationship with the EU.
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Attend relevant conferences and seminars in Brussels and provide reports to team.
- Provide briefing on EU affairs.
- Interest in the UK’s relationship with the European Union.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills – the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively and under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgement and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ideal candidate will have proficiency in the French language.
Application by way of CV and cover letter (no longer than one page) to BNE Deputy Director, Paul O’Hagan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type ‘BNE Brussels Trainee’ in the email subject line. Deadline for applications is Friday 14 October.